Plant Manager (White Bluff, TN | On-site)
$85,000/yr - $105,000/yr • Full-time
About the job:
Tennessee Stone & Design (TNSD) is looking for a Plant Manager to help us scale up our company’s custom manufacturing process for a product line of handmade masonry Brick Ovens and other outdoor cooking products. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in Plant Operations.
TNSD’s manufacturing process is unique and proprietary, utilizing technology from a range of industries, including pre-cast concrete and refractory, ceramics, composite manufacturing, as well as tool and die and molding. We blend our own ingredients in-house, with dry batch dispense and weigh operations, followed by a wet mix, then a proprietary process to cast and place the mixes into molds. Our products also go through a unique finishing process that includes etching, grinding, polishing, curing, and coating/finishing. Finally, they are inspected, packed, and shipped. Quality control processes are integrated throughout. Candidates should have some familiarity with all or most of our high-level processes.
The Plant Manager reports directly to the VP of Operations and supervises Managers in charge of various departments within the Operations division. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall safety and asset care performance of the entire facilities and associated assets. The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the manufacturing plant and their employees. The Plant Manager's duties include training manufacturing plant employees, reviewing production records to determine whether employees meet their performance expectations, and coordinating with corporate management to enforce changes to plant budgets or safety procedures.
- Plans, organizes, and manages production operations for a specific department(s) across all shifts.
Responsible for overall manufacturing, material storage, facility safety, and the quality of produced and packaged products
Responsible for ensuring manufacturing, operation, and supply chain management processes are capable of meeting quality, cost, and delivery requirements per company objectives to strengthen company values and to better serve customers.
Responsible for all plant-related capital expenditures (CAPEX).
Responsible for planning, implementation, and management of manufacturing at all functions throughout the facility. To include, but not limited to:
Budgets, to include Capital Expenditures
Production planning with the Customer Service Manager
Manufacturing, to include growth and expansion projects
Responsible, with VP of Operations approval, for the procurement of all raw materials
Performing other duties assigned by the VP of Operations
Direct reports include all production, quality, and maintenance personnel
Train and coach production, quality, and maintenance personnel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business administration, Engineering (any), Management, or related field, preferred.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
- Requires knowledge of safety policy and procedures.
- Ability to read/write English. Knowledge of ceramic manufacturing and quality standards is preferred.
- 7 or more years of management experience in a manufacturing or related environment.
- Process expertise abilities to identify improvements, document & propose solutions.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience working with and managing an international workforce.
- Demonstrate stability and consistency in Attendance/Performance (this is important so others can learn to do the same).
- Demonstrate stability and consistency in mood and emotion (even when you might not be feeling so).
- Use Excellent Judgement (calm and collected decision-making, SWOT analysis, etc)
- Ability to be Objective and make objective decisions (for work-related decisions).
- Team Player
- Want the best for TNSD and all its employees
- Help hold others (and yourself) accountable for our culture, which includes being civil, and respectful, while also striving for continuous improvement and rapid growth.
- Ability to measure and assess yourself, without excessive intervention from others
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000 - $105,000 per year DOE
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White Bluff, TN: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
About Our Company:
Concrete engineering is the name; a better wood-burning oven is the game. At Relic, we have spent over 11 years engineering and testing a lightweight, multi-layered, durable concrete that we could forge into the best wood-burning oven known to man. The result: The Relic Brick Oven and a family of heat-resistant and heirloom quality products.
Also please take a moment to read our About Page.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
TNSD is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.